All paintings are hand drawn on primed cotton canvas using mineral and vegetal pigments along with 24 carat pure gold.
The work duration ranges between one month to one and half year per painting depending upon the details.
10% of the sale will be donated to various dharma projects in Nepal and Tibet.
Every painting is nicely packed with hand made lokta paper and is put inside a strong unbendable PVC Pipes for expedition.
Silk brocades (framings) may be ordered if necessary.
Every painting is nicely packed with hand made Lokta paper and is put inside a strong unbendable PVC Pipes for expedition.
We also offer Silk Brocade Framing for the thangka, Please let us know if you would like to have Brocade on this Painting. There will be an additonal cost for the type of Brocade you would choose to frame for this painting. Please let us know on time before we ships your painting. Noramlly, We ship the painting in 2 business days after the payment had been made.
In General, there are five types of Brocade are available.
1. polyster: Cheapest
2. Chinese Silk: Moderate
3. Banaras Chandan: expensive
4. Koichin-cotton: Expensive
5. Khati: Most Expensive
There are six basic steps followed in thangka painting-
1. Stretching the canvas on a wooden frame
2. Preparing the painting surface
3. Creating the design or composition by sketching and tracing
4. Laying down the initial coats of paint
5. The principal application of paints of color pigments, silver and gold dust
6. Adding the finishing touches